Free Shipping on orders over $75.00
Making CBD Brownies are probably the easiest edible to make. Granted, this dessert has been a staple in the cannabis subculture for decades, making a CBD version instead of a THC version is just as easy.
There are 2 things to consider before making your CBD infused brownies.
1) In what form of CBD will you be using? Either oil or powder form
2) What is your target CBD concentration per brownie?
To answer question 1, that will be a personal decision. However, I find that using CBD Oil is the easiest way to add to your recipe. If you use CBD Isolate powder, you’re going to have to take a couple of extra steps and measure the exact amount and add it to your oil first. CBD Oil straight from the bottle is the easiest method, as you can tell.
To answer question 2, you will have to determine how many brownies you’re going to bake and how much CBD per brownie.
Let’s do some simple math. Let’s say your baking pan can give you 9 brownies and you want 10mg per brownie. The math is simple 9 brownies *10mg = 90mg of CBD you’ll need to your mix.
So if you have a 250mg bottle of CBD, you will get 8.3mg of CBD per 1ml full eyedropper. You’ll be using 11 full eye dropper doses. This will give you 91.3mg for your total batch.
Simple brownie mix:
- 1 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 c. chocolate chips, divided
- 1 c. (2 sticks) butter, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 c. packed brown sugar
- 5 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. Butter a 9”-×-13” inch baking pan and line with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and cocoa powder.
- Set a large heat-proof bowl over a saucepan of barely simmering water to create a double-boiler. Add butter, chocolate chips, and CBD oil to bowl. Heat, stirring occasionally until the chocolate and butter are completely melted and smooth. Remove bowl from heat, then whisk in sugars and stir until combined.
- Add eggs one at a time, stirring well between each addition, then stir in vanilla. Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture and fold in dry ingredients with a rubber spatula until just combined. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into center of brownies comes out with a few moist crumbs, about 30 minutes. Let cool completely in pan